The Top 5 Things To Do in Sydney, Australia
Updated: Sep 15, 2020
Sydney, Australia is the vibrant capital of New South Wales and one of Australia’s largest cities. While there is so much to do in this beautiful place, check out these five things that you can’t miss to help you learn more about the city and plan out your itinerary!
1. Sydney Opera House The Sydney Opera House is an iconic attraction in Australia that you can’t miss. Book a ticket to a show in this incredible building and cross it off your bucket list! The Opera House hosts over 40 performances every week. The building is an absolutely stunning structure and illuminates beautifully at night.
2. Bondi Beach Bondi Beach is one of Australia’s most famous beaches with an exciting atmosphere, and is even a popular hangout spot for both local and international celebrities. It’s also the perfect place to take a surf lesson! After a long day at the beach, take advantage of the surrounding area which has designer shops and delicious dining options.
3. Taronga Zoo The Taronga Zoo is the largest zoo in Australia located on the shores of Sydney Harbour. This well-kept attraction is full of a diverse range of animals, inhabiting more than 350 species. The zoo also has a sky-high ropes course that offers incredible views and a unique experience.
4. Sydney Harbor Bridge The Sydney Harbour Bridge is another iconic landmark of the city, and is one of the few climbable bridges in the world. Book a reservation to scale this bridge (with the guidance of an experienced Climb Leader of course) for an amazing opportunity and unbeatable panoramic views from nearly 450 feet above sea level.
5. Darling Harbor and Circular Quay Darling harbour and Circular Quay are two harbours in Sydney that you must hit during your visit. Darling Harbour is famous for its serene Chinese Garden of Friendship and National Maritime Museum, as well as its lively nightlife. On the other hand, Circular Quay is known for its gourmet restaurants such as Aria and the Sydney Cove Oyster Bar.
Planning a trip to Australia? We've partnered with Viator to get you the best deals on tours and experiences in Sydney.